Friday, November 13, 2009

The Self-Control Fairy and Other Stories

Do you ever wish there were a self-control fairy? Kind of like the tooth fairy, except instead of giving you money in exchange for a tooth, it smacks fatty, bad-for-you foods out of your hand before you stuff them into your mouth.
I could use one. It seems like just before I lose another pound or two I get an extreme craving for oreo icecream, rootbeer, double-stuffed oreos, crunchy cheetos...

Well, you get the idea.

So last night, I didn't get much sleep after 2:30am. I'm not sure if Daniel was fussy because he was teething or because he's got the cold Angela and David have. Regardless of what kept him up--he was up! I tried bouncing around with him from 4am to 5:30 am and finally got so tired I just laid him back down in his crib. Lo and behold...he fell asleep. Whaddya know?

This set me up for a sleep-deprived meltdown. That combined with my cravings had John take pity and offer to take me out to A&W for lunch instead of having leftovers. Hmmmmm. Let's see? A&W or leftovers??? Guess what won? A&W!!! Had there been a self-control fairy, I would have smacked it across the room!

At A&W I got a bacon double cheeseburger, onion rings and a big frosty rootbeer!! Falling off the wagon never felt so good! To top it off, he took me out to Saxby's for a mocha to stave off my departure into the farthest reaches of Zombieland.
Now...I was semi-good. I didn't eat my whole cheeseburger. I could only actually eat half of it. It's in the fridge waiting for me tomorrow. At least my stomach has shrunk somewhat, and my weight is still going down.

I've just been having a hard couple of days. It also didn't help that last night, just as I was looking forwards to collapsing in my bed, David appeared as a multi-colored apparition. Yes. He had decided to color himself, head-to-toe in markers---one hour after his shower!!!!!
Instead of freaking out, I grabbed the camera and took a picture--knowing I would find it funny on the morrow.

And here is that pic:



Seem to be taking quite a few pictures of him these days....

No comments:

Post a Comment