Friday, February 12, 2010

Technology is averse to me.

I am not averse to using technology, but it is averse to having anything to do with me. I've had the "blue screen of death" thing happenin' here three times already. No warning. It just shuts off and gives me the blue screen and tells me things are messed up.
Yesterday, at the library, they had to shut off a couple computers and reboot, and had all sorts of fun times trying to check my books out. All I did was swipe my books, checking out, and the thing gave Error messages and then went blank. It took them a good 20 minutes to sort everything out. Angela was able to make a couple Valentine crafts at the tables with all their arts and supplies. I'm soooooooo happy I only took her along with me on that trip!
Speaking of Angela...

I was feeding Daniel today a mixed vegetable and rice mixture and Angela comes up to me and says, "What's that??!!" in a very disgusted tone of voice. I replied, "peas, carrots, spinach and rice". She turned up her nose and said, "Looks like green poop to me!!" She had a point. Daniel didn't seem to mind. She has a very sensitive nose and I found her standing on a chair, going through my spice cabinet and unscrewing all the lids and sniffing each one. Her Aunt Becky asked her if she was going to be a chef while the two of them were watching Iron Chef, and Angela said she intended to. Then Becky said, "Good, you can cook for me when you grow up!" to which Angela replied, "If you're still alive then."

Moving on back to Daniel...
He's picking up and eating cheerios now. Super crawling. Climbing up all our stairs like lightining and giving mom a heart attack. Tipping over trash cans. Eating shoes. Eating paper. Eating plastic. Almost ate the garbage. Mama ran over screaming which sent him into shock before he could get it in his mouth. ;-)Trying to eat wires. Trying to stick things into the VCR (yes, we still have one and never use it.) And he pulls everyone's hair out. Claws like a little wild animal. But he is adorable and gives the biggest smiles. He does say, "Dhoh, dhoh." and crawls up to all the things we say "No. No." for. So I guess he is trying to talk now. :-) He subconciously lets go of certain things he holds on to for balance while trying to stand. Maybe he'll be walking in a month or two. Then I can have more panic attacks. He is going through a wee bit of separation anxiety now too.

David loves "wrestling" with his brother. It basically consists of him lying on the floor and letting his brother pull his hair out while he screams. Don't ask me why he does it. A glutton for punishment. He's getting better at reading and especially likes to read "Frog and Toad", and "Amelia Bedelia" books. Dr. Seuss is also a favorite and well as scary/funny kids stories. He's still into "building" and got himself a massive book out of the library which basically lets you know how to build things with everyday items you find around the house. Both him and Angela are crazy about playing UNO and Skipbo, and David can be found playing with his imaginary buddies Evil Emperor Zurg and his brother Good Emperor Zurg, when no one else will play with him. Evil Emperor Zurg seems to get blamed an awful lot for some naughty stuff that happens around here...

I had better post this before I get another blue screen of death!

1 comment: