Thursday, February 25, 2010

1000 things to be grateful for.

A blogging friend of mine has been doing this series of blogging about 1000 things she's thankful for on her blog "One Passion One Devotion". The link is on my sidebar. It's an off and on again thing since it takes awhile to come up with those 1000! It's a really brilliant idea that helps get the focus off of you and onto God who is the giver of everything that is good. Besides my weekly "weigh-in" posts, I thought I'd start my weekly "thankful" posts. It's a little less depressing too. ;-)

Here we go:

I am thankful for...

1. My awesome husband who is absolutely perfect for me! There's nothing better than getting to spend the rest of your life with your best friend!

2. My kids. I'm truly beyond blessed there. The sweetest bunch of mischievous munchkins ever.

3. The rest of my family. I know. I could go on and on about my family. I do realize how abundantly God has blessed me with not just my immediate family, but my extended family. They've been an encouragement, an inspiration, a role model, and a challenge.

4. God's Word. Without it, all direction and meaning for life would be lost.

5. My church. A place where God's Word is preached, and the people genuinely care about you. In every place I've moved to, God has always led us to a church that preaches His Word.

6. My house. My NEW house! What an unexpected blessing to get a brand, new house we thought we wouldn't be able to ever get until John retired! The poor economy has been good for something!

7. My husband's job. It provides for us and he is so HAPPY doing what he does best-- TEACHING! It's awesome to have a job you love and know God has gifted you for. Makes for a happy hubby when he gets home.

8. Homeschooling. What a privilege to be able to teach your own children and so exciting to see them grasp concepts!

9. Food. Had to have that in the top 10. Food is one of my favorite things! :-) Thankful we have access to good food and never have to go to bed hungry at night.

10. Vehicles. Not just one--but two. It's a blessing to have that second car or van to rush to the doctors' in case of an emergency with one of the kids--or just to run a few errands.


....and that'll be it for now. I'll try to do 10 a week--so I have a little more time to put some thought in it. I don't have much time for blogging lately--but I should be able to manage 10 points! Hopefully, I don't repeat myself too much before I ever get to a 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment