Three hours!! Three hours of sleep after averaging 5 for the last few nights. This post should be pretty incoherent!
Nope. Baby isn't sick--the other two have colds, but that's not the issue. I made the mistake of buying and drinking coffee. Colombian coffee for the past few days. It must have come out in the milk, because this baby CANNOT stay asleep! I can't believe it took me this long to figure out that he must be caffeinated! He just pops awake and is rarin' to go at 1 am. 2 am. 3 am. 4 am. Get the picture??! Then, of course, he's grumpy during the day. I'm grumpy during the day. Right now I just have to focus on keeping civil. I have sworn to myself I will not go on a 'rant' or take issue on anything online right now. ;-) Besides which, I've come to the conclusion it's a complete waste of time. It took me that long to figure it out. No one wants to listen to you as you get up on your own little soapbox ranting about something. Oh wait...now I'm ranting about people who get up on their soapboxes... :-P
Moving on...to a totally different topic...
I got new headphones for my ipod!! They're workout ones, and they're working out great! Didn't need to adjust them once as I ran through snowdrifts the other day. Just had a mild case of frostbite on my ankles after that... NO. not really.
It was cold and wet though. I guess that's what you get for running through snow drifts in regular sneakers and pants. Yes. I am crazy. I'm chalking that up to lack of sleep as well.
I also got a "holder" thing for my ipod which straps to my arm so I'm not constantly stuffing it in my pocket or holding it in my hand. That's an accident waiting to happen in icy walking conditions.
Next topic...
I finished reading Highest Duty about Captain Sully who landed his plane in the Hudson. It really was an awesome read! Anyone who is a pilot, or who wants to be one will particularly enjoy it. That's another thing on my list of things I've wanted to do--be a pilot. At any rate, I'd say it was a fascinating and enjoyable read regardless. It really showed that the little choices you make day by day can really count for something and make you who you are. Go figure.
I got 3/4 of the way through the book Half the Sky. It was due back at the library before I could finish it. I'll have to check it out again. I still recommend it, and think it's a good read. There were quite a few things I disagreed with heading more towards the middle of the book, but that's to be expected since it was written by non-Christian authors. Their view of how and why things need to be fixed will be skewed. Nevertheless, they make one very aware of the needs and plight of women out there that DO and NEED to be addressed. It is a shame they have not come to light sooner and that Christians are not doing more about them. Do I have the answers of how Christians should go out and solve those problems? No I don't. I haven't studied the issues that are out there nearly enough. I know the simplified version is go out and share Christ--yes! I agree! But how exactly one does that varies on the country and culture one encounters. The authors of the book would have you just fix the social injustices, but even they acknowledge a change of the way the culture views women will need to change. That's not going to truly change for the best without an accurate spiritual worldview. The root of all problems in all cultures is SIN. Fixing the outside of something while the inside remains rotten fixes nothing. Is it better for a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul? I think not. But you also need to walk the walk and not just talk the talk.
...and I DID it!! I went on a rant!!
so much for best intentions.
I better log off before I rant some more...
Apparently, ranting is unavoidable under severe lack of sleep conditions.
Okay, now I have to 'fess up. Rob and I had a good chuckle over the coffee thing. Rob wants to know if Daniel is now dreaming of Juan Valdez.
ReplyDelete