Wow. Tried signing into my blog a second ago and it told me it "didn't exist." That would have been a bummer! However, at the rate I've been blogging, some of you may wonder if I had ceased to exist. No. As far as I'm aware of it--I do indeed exist. Now that we've got that straightened out....
Thoroughly enjoyed my time with Dan, Hannah, and Elizabeth!! We lazed about, hiked Clifton Gorge, played "Settlers", had a cook-out, ate out, had jogging runs, they entertained my kids, my bro did my dishes (awesome brother that I have), etc. etc. Much was done. Much was enjoyed. They will be greatly missed!
Speaking of the eating out part--Cracker Barrel has the BEST spicy grilled catfish I've ever tasted!! Da bomb!
However...this week...dum-dum-dum-dum (drum roll)...my parents and sis come for a week long visit! Yaaaaaaaay! So back to cleaning. Not that I didn't clean my house before... :-P
in other news...
The neighborhood kids have taken over my yard. Everytime I look out my sliding glass door into my backyard, I seem to have gained another kid. Right now the ringleader is working on inviting herself into the house, worming snacks out of me, and in general trying to rule the roost. Working on laying out the ground rules firmly but gently. I've never been a "kid" person. No desire to babysit growing up (or now for that matter). Just content to have my own (which I didn't think I'd have in the first place, but now are super happy with). Soooooooooo I just have a hard time "dealing" with them. My own kids I know how to deal with and they know what's expected of them, and I can discipline them. Other kids...Yeesh! Working on getting the "tattling bug" out of one and the "bossy, nosey, whatever" bug out of the other. It just doesn't come naturally to me to want to work with other people's children. It's not my gift. However, I think God has a sense of humor about the whole thing and insists on showering me with kids at my door. ;-) It is times like this where a nice, high privacy fence with a padlock comes to mind....
The kids are still enjoying their PE classes at Cedarville...and I have been enjoying my smoothies and mochas while they are working out. That has got to stop! I resisted temptation last PE class. Hopefully I can keep it up.
Daniel has been teething like crazy. His fourth tooth in the past week is almost through! No wonder the snot has been flying! It's so hard to tell if it's teething that is giving him bizarre symptoms or a virus! He has been quite the little goober. He gets into all my cuboards now, drives his brother's cars around, throws balls and chases them on all fours, and LOVES the outside!! Give him a little tent out there and he'd probably spend all day and all night out there contentedly. He's been my only child that doesn't freak out when they're put on the grass as a baby. Just have to watch him so he doesn't eat the rocks, grass, dandelions etc. Though I have heard dandelion tea is good for you...
Speaking of tea, I'll end this and go drink mine before it gets completely cold!
I'll second the fence idea. I have no patience with other people's kids either. We're blessed to live on a street with no other children...at least none young enough to play with mine. I just have to keep them from knocking on the Price's door all the time....
ReplyDeleteNow if fences just weren't so stinkin' expensive...
ReplyDeleteWhen our son was younger, my wife set out to make our home THE place for the neighborhood kids to want to play. Why not know what your kids are up to, what level of supervision they have and what sort of trouble they are getting in to?
ReplyDeleteTrust me, soon enough they will want to get away from home, and you will wish they were back under foot once more.
I know. just currently was having a bad attitude about it that needed to be remedied.
ReplyDelete