Thursday, March 18, 2010

That did it!

That did it! I was NOT planning on buying any new clothing until I lost enough weight to fit into all my pre-pregnancy clothes. At this point, it means losing 15 more pounds. Since I haven't lost a thing for the last month, it's been getting a bit depressing. Add to that, I'm just plain tired of wearing the same old things over and over and over again. A couple of shirts started getting holes in them and I bleached out a third shirt. The last straw was Wednesday night though.

My favorite skirt. My favorite skirt that went with everything. My favorite skirt that hid my flaws through multiple uppage and downage of pounds. My favorite skirt that I was even able to wear through most of my pregnancy. It met it's death.
All was fine Wednesday night until I attempted to exit the building after the service. I was carrying Daniel in his car seat. David was directly in front of me. Angela was right behind me. My dear, darling Angela who has apparently inherited her mother's Klutz gene. As I started descending the steps out of the back of the church she was right on my heels. Literally. On my heels. Then on my skirt. I start hearing this "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppp." I'm losing my balance as she manages to tangle her feet all up in the back of my skirt. It was one of those slow motion moments. One can see it all unravelling. Slowly. In this case you could see it and hear it. Thankfully, a delightful, helpful man was behind Angela. He was able to grab her and pull her off my skirt before I tripped and plummeted into David. It would have been a spectacular mess. David on the bottom. Daniel in his car seat sandwiched in the middle. Me next. Angela on top all wrapped up in my skirt. I suppose if you have to wreck your skirt, you might as well go all out. In this case, it was not my fault. Two massive jagged holes were now in the back of that skirt. Let's just say I was very happy it was a dark, foggy night. The skirt is in the trash. And that was what did it.

I took my pregnant sister and all three kids, and we did our clothes shopping for the year. That right there could be an epic story. I felt like I had run a marathon at the end of it all. However, I do feel accomplished. My sister got some much needed maternity clothes, the kids got their summer clothes, and I have clothes that fit me properly. All in all, an eventful but productive day.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your skirt!! I hate it when my "favorite" clothes get messed up. Glad you got some new stuff!! It should make you feel better! Glad everyone is okay and no one was seriously injured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...I am happy about the new clothes, though I'm gonna miss that skirt!

    ReplyDelete