Happy 4th of July!!
I know. I'm wondering if any of my readers even bother to check in from time to time. I have been completely unmotivated to write. When I am motivated, I don't have time to sit down and type--and doing it from my ipod just doesn't work for me. For one thing it has "fits". It likes to freeze up and delete things at the most inopportune times. Right now it refuses to let me update my Facebook status. It'll let me do everything else on Facebook--comment, check pics etc.--but it won't let me update my status. Technology and I just do NOT get along! And, yes, I have restarted my ipod several times in the hopes it would clear the problem up. No dice.
In other news...
Daniel is walking!!!! Well...several steps at a time. It's almost half and half now. He'll walk, crawl, walk, crawl. He does this weird "spider crawl" when he has shorts on. Doesn't like his knees touching the carpet or grass. Rug burn or texture issues. Who knows? It sure looks funny though!
John built an outdoor playset for the kids. It has a "fort", swings (2 large ones and one small for the baby), slide, rockclimbing wall, and rope and cargo net. Still want to get woodchips to spread around the area though. John just finished sanding the whole thing today so no one would get splinters and then we have to seal and stain it. We saved $500 picking the lumber and putting it together ourselves. I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you have a garage full of tools and know what you're doing with them--which John does. Plenty of experience building things.
He's the type of guy who if he didn't know how to do something, could read up on it and figure it out. The people two houses down also got a playset. They had 3 or 4 guys working on it, started before John, and John finished the playset same time as them. Granted, he worked on it straight. When he starts something, he's singleminded on finishing it. No comments on the dissertation thing please. :-P If only work, family, and life didn't get in the way. ;-)
We're planning on spending the 4th with family. I did find fireworks--at Krogers! woo hoo! Bought lots of matches...and a lighter...and John always has his propane torch if that fails. Told you his garage was stocked!
Have a happy and safe 4th of July everyone!
Good for John! That's awesome! I wish we had a flat backyard so we could put up something. Having a hill is great for slip and slides, though :)
ReplyDeleteOur home in watertown would not have even had the playset itself fit in the backyard. Having the park so close was a big blessing! Now that we don't have a nice park nearby--at least we have a nice yard we are able to put a playset in!
ReplyDelete