Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Visit

My cousin Jenny and her family came for a surprise visit this past weekend. They were doing a cross-country trip and taking their time camping on the way. We weren't too far off the path of their final destination, so she called up and let me know they were in the area. I'd been wanting to see them for a LONG time! Other than vacation purposes, we had no reason to go down to Florida, so it had been a while since we'd seen them.
Our kids (she has 4) are all around the same age as mine. Her oldest is a few months older than Angela, and her youngest is a couple months younger than Daniel. They all had a blast! The kids loved having a 'sleepover', and I don't think they fell alseep until around midnight.
Right before they arrived here the alternator in their truck died, but they made it to our house fine. John was able to help Skyler put in a new one that next morning so they could be on their way to Wisconsin. I'm still hoping for a visit on the way back, but I don't think that's happening because they'll have to rush home to be back this coming Sunday. Maybe one day we'll get down to Florida to visit them, as I have several other cousins there as well.
One day when John's dissertation is done....

I think my monitor (hopefully not my computer) is dying. It keeps fading to this weird blue color and back. Very annoying on the eyes.

We still have a week or so of school left to finish up. Getting there! In the meantime their friend next door starts school in a week. I guess his school district is going for a more year-round schedule. That's what his parents say. I've been getting to know my neighbors better bit by bit. I've almost talked to just about everyone on my street (except for the duplexes on the end) by now. Just blessed to have lots of good neighbors around.

I'm really tempted to superglue those foam alphabet blocks together that comprise Daniel's floor in his 'enclosure'. He keeps tearing them apart. Kind of defeats the purpose of not sitting on a cold cement floor. One of those nice neighbors gave me another free set in excellent condition. She'd bought them at a garage sale for $5 and wouldn't take any money from me for them. I might toss a few of them in with him after I wash them up. Hopefully, that'll keep him from tearing up the rest of the floor.

Don't you just love how I hop around from topic to topic?? Don't have much time to proofread or get my thoughts out coherently right now. If I don't get this typed up and published now, it'll never get done either.

No comments:

Post a Comment