Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Did You Know?

Did you know sidewalks are there for a reason? Since people have still not shoveled them around here, I decided to see if walking on the road would be easier. The roads were slicker than ant snot! Did a partial split. Thankfully my ligaments are intact--and so is my dignity. No other idiots outside walking at night in this frigid weather besides me. Other than eating an extra plate of spaghetti than I should have, I've been staying to my new healthy diet pretty well.

In other news...

Daniel is now doing some 'normal' crawling as opposed to his 'army crawl.' He's hauling himself up on the couch to a standing position. He has definitely figured out his walker and can zoom himself places.

David and Angela have been busy with homeschooling these past couple of weeks. I've added in some science and extra Bible stuff for David. He also sits in on some of Angela's classes when he feels like it. Mostly David likes to be left alone with his Legos. They had a Lego competition at the local library, but it was for ages 6+. They had a slideshow of previous Lego building competitions, and I think David builds cooler things than half of what I saw on there--and he has a more limited collection of Legos. Ah, well. Daniel probably wouldn't let us hang out at the library as long as we needed to for him to build something properly anyways.

Our desert Hothouse is not doing too...well...Hot. The plants are just not growing. They appeared, but now they have ceased to become larger--except for one grassy plant like thing in there. I think it is too cold in the school room for anything to grow adequately right now. Especially when the hothouse is sitting next to a cold window to receive light.

David can now add 100's, tens and ones. Angela is learning all about subjects and verbs and drafting and final drafts and essays. I forgot you learned all that in 2nd grade!

I'm having fun teaching them music lessons once a week. The teacher manual said it was written for the "inexperienced individual" with music. Well, apparently, I must be a complete dodohead when it comes to all things musical, because I can't figure out what they're trying to get me to teach sometimes.
Last music lesson went wonderfully though. It was all about dynamics. "Loud" and "soft" I can teach! The kids loved banging on drums to "forte"!!! and "piano"!!

Speaking of "forte"!! Someone is being "forte!!" and will not let his brother and sister listen to their Bible lesson. Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment