Wednesday, January 6, 2010

School and other odds and ends

We started school on Tuesday this week. Monday was John's birthday and I was busy making a blueberry pie that morning. Other than setting my oven mitt on fire, and having issues with the dough (too little water), it turned out just peachy...Ok...well...not peachy...but you know what I mean. :-P

Daniel has been having a growth spurt! Eating constantly. Upped his intake of solid foods to 3 times a day. So far, no allergic reactions to anything. I've even ground up organic millet and brown rice for him. They're easy on a baby's tummy and have good nutritional value. His favorite foods so far are squash and sweet potato though. He is now tolerating banana mixed with rice or oatmeal and combined with applesauce or peaches. He hates banana on it's own!

David is VERY much into Legos. He built his dad a very cool design/contraption for his birthday present. I did take a picture of it, and will be posting it soon on Facebook. He even dreams about Legos. I am gonna have to take that kid to Legoland one of these days!

Angela is still very much into all things Princess and Pink. She plays with the dolls her Aunt bought her for her birthday everyday. Whatever is not in the laundry that's pink--she'll put on! Today it's a pink hair tie, pink sweater, pink shirt, pink skirt, pink sunglasses, and a couple pink necklaces. She was also carrying around a little pink purse and had a couple of lipglosses tucked away in her skirt's pocket. A very girly-girl. Just about the opposite of me when I was younger. I was the tomboy. I think I had more fun with my brother's GI Joes than I did with Barbies---unless it was to shoot them or take them hostage. :-)

John had to shovel for the first time this winter yesterday! Ack! I guess the snow had to come sometime. At least it was barely and inch, and the kids love to play outside in it.

4 comments:

  1. Daniel and Aidan must have completely opposite taste buds - Aidan HATES squash and sweet potatoes :-) I think Apple sauce is going to come out the winner with him. Funny because Eóin has never liked applesauce. He still doesn't. Oh well - seems as how I never make either squash or sweet potatoes for us big people, I'm sure it's not really going to be an issue :-) as long as he'll eat other veggies I'm ok with not liking a few :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the snow. I'd send you more of ours, if it were up to me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you hear about the town in NY that has had 55 inches of snow since Dec. 28th? They are supposed to have MORE snow in the next few days! People there have to shovel twice a day. I love snow, but that's a bit much for even me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the headlines but didn't read the article yet. Craziness!!

    ReplyDelete